10.29.2012

good nails gone m.A.A.d: DAMN, GiNA!

I've been making my concert rounds and stocking up on new releases. There have been some amazing albums released this year. And one of my most favorites so far this year (which also happened to be the most anticipated hip-hop album of 2012) is Kendrick Lamar's good kid m.A.A.d city...

Regular Version

Deluxe Version (the version I got)

There are tons of things that make me love this guy. He is an amazing artist. He is creative, funny and has a quiet, yet charismatic personality... But one thing that stood out to me is his almost obsession with the tv show Martin because my siblings and I all love that show and quote it religiously...


I've been listening to Kendrick's album  since it dropped a week ago today and was inspired to do a nail art tribute to him,  but I was not sure what I wanted to do. Then I was rummaging through my dvd's trying to find something to watch yesterday since my beloved Niners didn't play and I stumbled upon these...
Not sure where the rest of them are. I have every season... Grrr.... 
Well I was inspired! So I sketched out my design...

These are the results. Check it:





You like? I LOVE! Apparently, I had promised my sister I would braid her hair yesterday but I certainly did NOT remember that. Needless to say, she was pissed when I told her I was not going to braid her hair and risk messing up the design on my nails... Lol

Anyway, I just want to say that good kid, m.A.A.d city is an amazing album and everyone should have a copy... So pick it up!

Any man who walks out on an interview because the interviewer is not familiar with the show Martin, is alright in my book (skip to 3:25 to see the ridiculousness)...

Hooray for King Kendrick... That kind of ill-informed fuckery should not be tolerated... Get her out of here!

One of my favorite Martin episodes:


Stay classy.

Peace... And much lacquer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment