10.02.2012

Do You Like Drugs?

In May, I went to my 25th Lupe Fiasco show where (among many other awesome things) this awesome thing happened:
Yep... That's Lupe and I hugging. We love each other. Lol...

On stage with Lu...

As awesome as that was... Lupe showing me so much love was not the only reason I had a great time. I also had a great time because of this guy:
Yes, ladies (and gentlemen?)... Miguel Pimentel, the singer with a golden voice who performs under the mononym, Miguel...

I'd heard a few of his songs and liked them before this show. I'd even bought Wale's Lotus Flower Bomb single on Amazon solely because of Miguel's vocals on the track (I cannot get jiggy with Wale) but I never really got into him like that. And it wasn't  anything personal against Miguel... I'm just a Hip-Hop head. I don't get down with too much R&B... I LOVE rap...

But this guy... This guy COMPLETELY won me over at this show. He's an amazing performer with a killer stage presence but what really got me (if I'm being honest) was this:


Now, if you know me, you know I love 2Pac. LOVE. Here's a little picture to refresh your memory:

So when he led into his song "Quickie" with that 2Pac verse, I was an instant fan...

Well as of today, I have 2 shows and 5 months of being a Miguel fan under my belt. He is officially my favorite male singer which is no small feat, as I have never had a favorite male singer in my life. Ever.

Today his new album Kaleidoscope Dream comes out and I'm so excited... I just can't hide it! I pre-ordered the album last month so it will be waiting for me when I get home.

Since I don't have to go to the store and show my support by buying the album, I decided to support him on my nails. Check it:

Their not as neat as I wanted them to be. My sister kept flopping on my bed and making me mess up. That coupled with the fact that it was well past my bedtime when I started this made for the less than stellar work you see before you.

I love the colors though. Kaleidoscope nails!

Dope, right? I thought so too...

Anyway, I'm sure the album will be just as dope as my nails...


Stay classy...

Peace... And much lacquer to you.








P.S.
Watch as Miguel saves this video (and this song) from being completely corny and whack:

The video is styled after the movie Poetic Justice which just so happens to be my most favorite movie of all time. ALL TIME. And boasts Tupac Shakur (who just so happens to be one of my most favorite people of all time) as the lead actor... Smarten up, Wale... This could've been done so much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment