11.11.2011

Cupcakes & Mixtapes

I stumbled upon this really awesome blog called Mixtapes & Cupcakes. You should go check it out too!

Of course I couldn't just give the post such an awesome title without talking about those two awesome things that I adore-- cupcakes & mixtapes...

Cupcakes...
Every week my very good friend Raina and I get together for dinner. We call it E&I Thursdays (or Fridays depending on what day we go). Usually we get together in Oakland to eat. This week we got together in San Francisco. We had some underwhelming Mexican food for dinner. Then we had some really good cupcakes from a cupcake shop I'd never heard of...

The name of the cupcake shop is Cako.

I bought 4 cupcakes; one for me and one for each of my sisters and my mom. They all said their cupcakes were good. My mom had red velvet, my big little sister had strawberry cheesecake and my little little sister had back to basics (which is just a plain cupcake with frosting and sprinkles.). I had Pink Lemonade and it was really good!

It had this lemon cam filling in the middle and lemon icing. I very much enjoyed it...
It wasn't nearly as good as the cupcake I had 2 weeks ago. But it hit the spot... I will definitely be visiting Cako again the next time I'm in downtown SF (which may vey well be later on today) but I definitely will NOT be buying cupcakes for anyone else. $14 for four cupcakes is just a bit too steep for me...

Mixtapes...
Ok, so this isn't really a mixtape. It's an album but it leaked and now it's all over the internet for free and any free album is a mixtape as far as I'm concerned... The "mixtape" in question is the much anticipated Drake album, Take Care.
I must say, this is definitely NOT what I was expecting from a rap album. I'm not a huge Drake fan so I wasn't expecting it to be all that great but this sounds like some Luther Vandross type ish. He's hella singing on it. I actually went to sleep to it last night. It sounds like something you'd hear on the soundscapes channel... It's really bad... Lol... I mean, I like the beats and melodies because I'm a girl and they are really soft and soothing (this will definitely be my going to sleep album now), but as far as rap is concerned, it's just bad. Almost every song is about loving a chick. I don't want to hear that ish... I will definitely NOT be buying this. Not that I had planned on it. Like I said before, I'm not the biggest Drake fan, though everyone has a chance for redemption in my eyes. If this would've turned out to be halfway decent, I would've definitely bought it. Oh well... He used to be able to rap when his very first mixtape came out. I don't know what happened. He's hella soft and crooning as opposed to rapping now. Ugh...
Lupe>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drake

My favorite Drake song...

When I first heard this I was so excited! Not only did he use a Little Brother beat, he proclaimed Phonte to be his favorite rapper. I love Phonte! He's my 2nd favorite rapper!

Front and Center: Phonte and Lupe.

Stay classy.

Peace... And much lacquer to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment