10.23.2011

Day 23: Inspired by a Movie *Throwback*

I love movies. And when I love something I completely over indulge...

Earlier this year, a movie came out about a rap group. I love this rap group so much that I paid to see the movie 5 times in the theater.


I've been loving these guys since 91.



The movie brought back so many fond memories of growing up listening to Tribe that I decided to paint my nails in a tribute to them. The majority of their albums always had this chick covered in red, black and green body paint...

I recreated that look on my nails...
The ATCQ design I did on my nails about 2 months ago

I love these guys. They really did shape my musical ear... I own every album they ever made.

Check Lupe out in a tribute to them at the 2007 VH1 Hip Hop Honors. Lupe comes in around the 1:37 mark.


I can't wait until BR&L the movie comes out on DVD!

Stay classy.

Peace... And much lacquer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment